Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Six Feet Under

Well, I watched the show last night and I have to say I liked it more than many of the reviews I was reading about it. I'm not hot on Nate and Brenda getting married, especially with Brenda having lost the baby before, but I can get used to it. I'm still in the camp that thinks they need to get rid of George ASAP. Ruth doesn't need such trouble on her hands and James Cromwell has brought this show to its knees. I like him overall, but he's just wrong for this series.

I'm one of those that thought Six Feet Under peaked after the second season finale where you see Nate and a bus comes along...basically him deciding whether to leave the world or stay in it while being operated on for his tumor. Third season started and everything was fine from a health standpoint in Nate-land...I along with many others felt cheated by the whole thing. The series started to spin its wheels in the third season and much of last season, but I really liked the ending even though I figured out that Lisa had an affair with her brother-in-law.

We start this season without any real jump-off from that season ender. It is many months later (who knows how long) and Brenda is now pregnant and watching Nate/Lisa's wedding video to understand what not to do for their wedding the next day. Some fill in would have been nice outside of Nate having the flashback of Lisa's brother-in-law shooting himself.

Overall though I liked the episode and now Brenda is seeing dead people. I think it is sad that the father isn't around much anymore and the corpses for the most part do not talk to the workers at Fischer and Diaz. Out of HBO's lineup at this time of year I'd have to say Entourage is the best, followed by Six Feet Under and way down on the list, The Comeback.