Thursday, June 23, 2005

30 Days and CoH - Day 11

Well, the news is that I didn't play City of Heroes one second yesterday, was too busy playing Battlefield 1942 with my co-workers and Battlefield 2. So, this entry will be mostly about 30 Days from last night.

I wasn't very impressed with last night's show, but that is more because of the people involved in last night's show. I loved Spurlock's little things here and there (like going to Mexico and buying steroids without a prescription or talking to that 69 year old lady), but the guy that was using the anti-aging regiment just didn't catch my interest. It could have been because of his wife, who although very protective of her husband was a big pain in the ass early on in the 30 days. Early in the program I was like, "If you're going to act like this you never should have signed up to do the show or let your husband take these risks, no matter how small they may be."

The guy didn't even make it 30 days on the anti-aging products. I think he started on Day 3 with the first testosterone and growth hormone injections and he stopped at Day 22 (I think) after finding out his sperm count had gone from 75 million to less than 1 million and his wife breaking down about it. Never mind he also had heightened liver functions that they were also worried about...but kept going with the regiment when the anti-aging doctor told him it was fine.

One of the best parts, and I wish we would have seen more of this helper, was when the guy talks to his physical/weight instructor who is a professional bodybuilder. He looked at the guys amount of drugs he was taking (I think he takes over 50 pills a day) and the guy says, "too much of a good thing is a bad thing" and he was surprised about all the stuff the guy was taking.

Moral of the story is that the guy lost weight more likely because of his change in eating habits and his cardiovascular and weight workouts versus the anti-aging medication. I was most disappointed that Spurlock didn't talk about what I said above, that idea comes from me. The good news is that the guy's liver is back to normal and his sperm count is back up.

Next week a devout Christian man spends 30 days with Muslims. Looks interesting and I hope it is a lot better than this week.