Friday, June 24, 2005

City of Heroes - Day 12

I am finding it very frustrating to level up to 12 for the past few days (granted, I didn't play Wednesday). If I touch this game again before my 14 days runs out I think I'm going to find a team to join and see if I can boost up my level to 14. That of course is IF I play this game again. I've found that City of Heroes is very frustrating for someone wanting to go at it alone. From the time I spent in World of Warcraft I found it was easier to get to level 14 alone than it has been getting to level 14 in City of Heroes. I haven't played Guild Wars, but chances are it will not be as solo friendly as something like WoW is (or at least what I remember from the beta). However, I believe I have several groups of people I could join in Guild Wars should I pick the game up.

We'll see if I play this tonight or not. The game is getting very frustrating with my need to play solo. Yeah, teams are fun, but I rarely get any offers to be a part of a team. I've gone beyond the Hollows (I'm in Steel Canyon, Kings Row and Perez Park for my missions), but I could probably stop in the Hollows and see if there are any groups that want to go through the Frostfire battle which is easily the best mission so far in the early levels.

Chances are 99.9% that I won't continue past Saturday with City of Heroes. It can be a very fun game, but it can also be very frustrating and almost feel like I'm going through the motions.