Monday, June 20, 2005

Games, DVDs and Movies This Week (6/20 - 6/26)

Games

Battlefield 2 (PC): The biggest release for me this week since I've had this pre-ordered forever and a day. Tomorrow is the big day, at least I hope my EBGames gets it in tomorrow. We need to figure out what we're going to do so all the CG (Console Gold) and OO (Octopus Overlords) people can get together so we don't have asshats running around that we don't know. There is a forum thread at CG talking about this very thing, but it is in the later pages.

Conker: Live and Reloaded (Xbox): This game finally comes out after who knows how many delays. I have heard both pros and cons about the online component, but I've heard nothing but good things about the update to the N64 version of Conker. I'd love to pick this up, but I think I will attempt to rent it.

Destroy All Humans (Xbox/PS2): Pandemic (Full Spectrum Warrior, Mercenaries) brings out its next game and this one looks like a lot of fun and has a pretty big marketing push behind it (I've seen it both at the movies and on television). So far the only reviews are Game Informer and Play Magazine (both 8/10). Probably not going to pick this up simply because I'll spend most of my time with Battlefield 2 and finishing my 14-day trial of City of Heroes.

DVDs

Nothing of note here other than Coach Carter, which I never saw and won't rent.

Movies

Bewitched: Is it sad to say that this actually looks interesting? At least they aren't going for the whole total re-do of the television show. I like Will Farrell, although I hear his and Nicole's chemistry isn't all that great in this movie.

Herbie: Fully Loaded: I don't know if it is true or not, but rumor is that Disney digitally altered Lindsay Lohan's breasts to make them look smaller on the screen. I liked the Herbie movies quite a bit while growing up and I wouldn't be surprised if this is a relatively good movie even with all of Lohan's exploits outside of movies. She has the uncanny ability to make a movie you wouldn't think would be good actually turn out good.

Outside of Battlefield 2, Conker: Live and Reloaded and Destroy All Humans, things don't look so bright this week in entertainment. Oh well, at least we have the season premiere of Rescue Me to look forward to tomorrow.