Friday, July 08, 2005

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

T-minus 8 days until Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince arrives on store shelves. I am a 29 year old man with no children who absolutely loves the Harry Potter books and movies. I probably won't be able to get through the book quickly, so many people will already know the secrets of the book before I will.

I started up a CG Forum discussion on it, but haven't seen much action as of yet. I still stand by my thoughts that it will be Dumbledore that bitess the dust in this one simply because the final battle in the next book must be Harry vs. Voldemort without the help of Dumbledore. I can't believe they'd kill off Ron or Hermoine, but who knows. I think most people were caught by surprise about who "died" in Order of the Phoenix, although it is still up in the air whether the person is totally dead or not.

As for the Half-Blood Prince, the guessing is still going on. Hagrid seems to be the most likely, although I'm thinking it is a student at Hogwarts. It is either someone who has been in the story all along or someone that will be introduced in this book. The question is whether the prince is a friend or foe of Harry. We'll find out in just a little under 8 days.