Friday, July 22, 2005

Burnout Revenge - September 20th

I was reading through my GamePro that came today (for some reason they keep sending me issues even though I've never paid them a cent) and came upon a 2-page ad for the upcoming Burnout Revenge on the Xbox and PS2 (and Xbox 360 in the future, even though the ad talks nothing about it). In large type it says "Coming September 20th" and that there will be a demo of the game in the Xbox and PS2 versions of Madden 06.

I am pretty excited about this game even though it will be about a year since the fantastic Burnout 3: Takedown came out (check out my review to see how much I liked it). Hey, if Insomniac Games can put out a new Ratchet and Clank title every year, why can't a team like Criterion bring out a Burnout game every year as well?

Even better news is that the game is currently pre-selling for $39.99 at EBGames and Gamestop. If this game is as long or longer than the previous one that's a savings of $10 on an unmatched level of enjoyment.

Everyone likes to spit in EA's face (except me), but picking up Criterion was one of the best moves they've made...as long as they don't move them to EA headquarters or swallow them whole. I think EA is going to have a big year even with Godfather being pushed back. If they can release the expansion pack for Battlefield 2 by Christmas this year could be very good for them.

Burnout Revenge is less than 2 months away...are you ready?