Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Games and More Games

To catch up on my game playing...

I've been playing a lot of Tiger Woods 06 on the computer and I'm glad to report that unlike last year the computer version keeps a lot of what is in the console versions. Noticable things missing are the Gamebreaker and the shot stick, but neither are really big things to miss. I have no problem saying this is the best game in the series yet.

I've also been playing some FIFA 06 on the computer as well, but I haven't played enough of it to get a sense of how good it is. It's been a few years since I played a game in this series and I am seeing that the defense is much better than I remember.

It is just mind boggling to think about all the games that are coming from this point (October 12th) to the end of the year and I'm going to make a couple of posts about it. It's crazy!

The next two posts outline games coming in October and November/December that are of note. This isn't a list of all the games coming, but I just counted all the ones I put down and there are 40 titles (minus the already out B&W 2) and one system! At $50 a piece it would cost you $2000 to buy them all (and not all are at $50). Just mind boggling. I didn't even touch all the Xbox 360 games coming out on the sports side of things (although I could have included Top Spin 2 and Amped 3 in there) such as Madden 06, but those loom large as well.