Monday, August 15, 2005

Catch Up

Man, things have been busy and I keep forgetting to post here. Let's start off by catching up on the TV series I watch.

Entourage: This has been consistently great until last night. Maybe it was because there wasn't enough Ari or the whole Vince/Mandy Moore thing is boring, but the show just didn't seem on last night. I think by the end of the year Ari will be out on his own with Vince in tow.

The 4400: I have been surprised by how good this series can be, but there are only 2 weeks left before the season ends. Are all of the 4400 with powers (remember, many have not gotten their "gift" yet) going to get that rash. I miss Jordan Collier and hopefully they will answer why his body was stolen.

Dead Zone: This has been a relatively weak year unfortunately for this show. The last two episodes have been standouts though. A week ago continued the Stillson storyline (when this series is at its best) and last night was interesting simply because it shows that Johnny had powers when he was young as well and answered some questions for him about his dad.

Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis: I started watching these (I had seen SG-1 in the past) and I can already tell that Richard Dean Anderson only being there for guest spots in SG-1 is going to hurt it a bit. It's cool to see the two people from Farscape on here and the new enemy is quite interesting. We'll see where it goes. Atlantis on the other hand is pretty weak. I liked last night's show and I like the ones where the Wraith are central to the storyline. Outside of that there is a lot of weak acting, especially by the guy that portrays Shepard.

Battlestar Galactica: Also picked this up this season after hearing it was so good. I'm liking it a lot, although I have noticed that they can really leave storylines high and dry from one episode to the next instead of at least giving a peak at what is happening at each geographical point. Starbuck is finally going to get back to the Galactica and find the person the arrow is intended for isn't even on the ship anymore.

Six Feet Under: I believe I have only seen 3 episodes this year. I plan to ram the rest in whenever I find the time. I know the major thing that happened a couple episodes ago, but I won't spoil it here. I have no clue what the fallout was since I didn't watch the next week though. Next Sunday is the last episode and I see that Entourage was pushed back 15 minutes, so I am guessing it will be a long episode. I expect Sopranos last episode to be long as well. The big HBO series are starting to ride off into the sunset and I'm not sure what HBO is going to do if Rome doesn't create an explosion. Once Sopranos is gone, all that is left is Rome, Entourage, Curb Your Enthusiasm and Deadwood, all of which will probably not garner the ratings that the others have.