Thursday, September 22, 2005

Too Much TV and Games This Week

Holy cow this is a busy week. First off I'd like to say I have reviews upcoming for Rainbow Six: Lockdown on Xbox, WWE Day of Reckoning 2 on GameCube and Metal Slug 4/5 on Xbox. I recently finished the reviews, so I would expect them up on the Console Gold Homepage within the next few days.

There are a lot of games this week: Tiger Woods 06 (which sounds like it has a problem on the Xbox version in this forum post), X-Men Legends II: Rise of the Apocalypse, Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks, Ultimate Spider-Man, Batallion Wars, Myst V: End of Ages (*sniff*) and Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - Winter Assault. I think I caught them all, I may have forgotten one or two though. Welcome to the busy season of gaming!

UPDATE: Thanks to Jeremy for pointing out that Ninja Gaiden Black also came out this week. Forgot about that one. I also forgot Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects.

For TV I'd like to touch on two series this week that started their seasons:

Lost: I love this show no matter how little or how many answers they get. I still don't think this show can last beyond a 3rd season at most simply because the fans will revolt if they don't start seeing some answers that they want. I just can't see the story going on for that long, but I hope I am proven wrong.

Nip/Tuck: Rescue Me is off the air and this show takes its time slot. This show is fantastic as long as you can handle a show that has more of an HBO-like slant to it than your standard cable shows. WARNING, SPOILERS AHEAD: So, Christian was raped by the Carver...damn, that's tough! I was surprised to see him turn 180 at the end there with the policewoman though...and he got a threeway with her and Kimber. Sheesh, what a lucky guy! Kind of weird that Julia screams "Sean!" even when it isn't him doing the sexual favors on her. This show is still running on all cylinders here in its third season and I can't wait to see more.