Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Catch Up

Yeah, it's been a week since my last post. I've been pretty busy at work and haven't found the time to sit down and type out a few things. Now I'm back for at least today.

GRAW Update: I've given into the pressure and its on the way to me. I attempted to rent it this weekend and only Hollywood Video had it available, but since I worked late on Friday I missed the one copy they had locally. I had a few e-mailers tell me they liked the game a lot, so I decided I should check it out for myself. I'm not big into the group-based tactical games, but I'll give it a try. Later this month I have the new Far Cry on 360 to look forward to.

Elder Scrolls: Oblivion Update: There is a new video available today for the 1 week countdown. I have to say I am becoming more interested in this game, but I don't know why. I didn't like Morrowind in the slightest, but maybe I didn't give it enough of a chance. Now I sit here wondering if I should pick this game up, but then the question becomes: which system?

Maybe you guys can help me out there. This is my PC system:

3.2 GHz Pentium 4 HT
1GB RAM
Radeon X800 Pro 256MB card

Is the game going to run well or should I just give in and get the Xbox 360 version (which, of course, is more expensive)? I played the Xbox version of Morrowind and have to say I didn't like the control of it over the PC version of Morrowind...would that lead me into the direction of the PC? How many mods will be out there that the 360 will most likely miss out on? I have a feeling if I go the path of renting that I'll find myself shut out again at the local video stores. Maybe it's time to try Gamefly? Your e-mails are appreciated on any of those questions or if you want to tell me which version you're getting and why (if you have both choices).

The next post will talk about Sony and the rumors of the impending announcement tomorrow.